Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Hi. My name is Jennie Brown Hakim...

...and I'm here to help your book meet the world.

See, I run a little boutique publishing company called JBH Books. It specializes in literary fiction, realistic young adult/new adult, male/male romance, thoughtful self-help books – but don't be afraid to contact me if your book doesn't fall into any of those categories.

JBH Books is the publisher for authors who want their book(s) to be beautiful on the outside as well as the inside. It is the publisher for people who don’t want to be just a number on a list. JBH Books is the publisher for people who are writing stories (truth and fiction) to take along when we travel by train, go camping next to a lake which turns silver at sunset, or sit on a balcony facing the beach with a tall glass of iced tea (preferably brewed by the sun).

Not only do you get book design with JBH Books, but you receive editing and textual assistance. I want your book to look its best just as much as you do.

I will get your book ready for not only print (on any self-publishing template), but for popular e-book formats like Kindle, Nook, Smashwords, etc. so your message can reach the widest reader base. (Some readers like to have both printed and e-books on hand.)

Here is my fee schedule.

As a writer and graphic artist, I want to know that my work is contributing to the forces of good. JBH Books will not publish anything that promotes racism, sexism, LGBTQ-phobia, cruelty, fundamentalist religion, fraudulent or dangerous ideas, undeniable medical quackery, libel and slander, stupidity, and anything else that pollutes the mental marketplace. (I work in the yellow-green section of the political horseshoe.)


I want to work with evolved, thoughtful, forward-thinking writers whose work uplifts the human race. Your work is the kind that people keep in their homes for a lifetime, perhaps in the place of honor on the nightstand. Your work speaks the language of “Yes.”

I look forward to working with you.
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment